Monday, July 6, 2009

Getting Back on the Bike

To put things politely, I am overweight. I think I may have crossed the line into obesity. I make no bones of the fact that I am a wee bit of a glutton. I love all of the bad things - brownies, pizza, alfredo sauce, Fritos and French onion dip.

Recently my hip and knee have been hurting me. I moved the wrong way and my knee swelled to the size of a grapefruit. Sadly, being grapefruit sized isn't that far from where it normally is. I realized I had to make changes.

I have decided that I cannot change everything all at once. I can't start exercising and eating better at the same time. I decided that I would start exercising and making better food choices when I could.

I had been going strong with the exercising until I had some time off of work. There is something about a break in routine that makes me lazy. Today I got back on the bike after a five day hiatus. I only rode for thirty minutes, but thirty minutes is better than nothing.

Folks, wish me luck.

Five Random Songs I Listened to While Exercising:
1. Temptation - New Order
2. Labyrinthian Pomp - Of Montreal
3. Praise You - Fatboy Slim (is that some sort of sign?)
4. Tired of Sex- Weezer
5. Stupid Girls- Pink
Bonus Track - Sexx Laws - Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment