Monday, July 6, 2009

Video Killed the Radio Star

Maybe I am showing my age, but I have always wanted to be in a music video. I was very young when MTV started. They had about ten videos which they showed on a loop, but it was still magical to me. It mixed two things I loved - music and being a ham. While I love music, I can't sing and I do not have the patience to learn how to play an instrument. Being in a music video has always seemed like a nice compromise.



At the dawn of MTV I wanted to be in a Duran Duran video. I am not sure what I would have played. A sailor on the boat for the song Rio? Would I have put on a wolf suit for Hungry Like the Wolf?


When I was older I wanted to be in an NKOTB video. I wanted to be one of the Knight brothers love intrest. I wasn't picky, either boy was fine. It would have been great to be one of the girls in their convertible. The running around the cemetery bit was a wee odd, but I could have handeled it for one of the Knight brothers.

When I was 17 I would imagine myself in a From Here to Eternityesque embrace with Graham Coxon while the strains of This is a Low played in the background. I also imagined some sort of bizarre circus themed video for Magic America. I believe this also involved making out with Graham Coxon.

More recently I have wanted to be in a Ben Lee video. He always has songs that have large groups of background singers clapping away and having a great time. It seems like it would be a great time.

Since Blur and NKOTB have reunited perhaps all my hopes are not dashed. Maybe I will get my chance to make out with Graham Coxon. What rock star doesn't want to make out with an overweight lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment